Secluded on the eastern side of Amilla Fushi, and inspired by the island’s ocean and jungle environment, Javvu Spa offers an escape for mind and body. Within this breathtakingly beautiful sanctuary, you can truly take care of yourself, find time to reflect on your life, make a deeper self-connection and stimulate positive change. Forget standard, stand-alone spa treatments; instead, on offer is an integrated menu that tackles every aspect of health by focusing on the three pillars of wellness: movement, spirituality and spa.
Sublime results-driven holistic therapies, wellness consultations and workshops, fitness classes, yoga and Pilates, take place in a number of beautifully designed buildings hugging a pristine beach or sheltering within a coconut grove. Fanning out from the central reception lounge protected by an ancient banyan tree are ten private spa treatment pods – each with an outdoor seating area and shower and, inside, a changing room, shower, sauna or steam chamber and treatment room with double massage tables. Many also feature a circular spa bathtub. Along the beach are the social spa areas: two sauna and steam rooms with beach-edge plunge pools – one for men, one for women; a Moroccan tile-lined space for hamam-style treatments; and a beachfront area with barber, hair stylist, nail bar, personal training studio and state-of-the-art gym. At the end of a timber jetty is a yoga pavilion, raised on stilts high above the sea – the ideal spot for sun salutations.
An international team of highly-trained wellness, beauty and spa specialists offer treatments created in partnership with the world’s top brands: massages by Pure Massage, facials by QMS, nails by Margaret Dabbs, hair by Louis Galvin, and a barber by Gentleman’s Tonic.
- The Pure Massage concept is based upon using different massage modalities like deep tissue massage, trigger points, Swedish massage, myofascial release, quantum healing and energy work. Pure Massage treatments strengthen your immune system by stimulating your body to release toxins providing the sense of mental calm and deep muscular relaxation.
- Founded by Dr Schulte from Germany, QMS products and treatments are rooted in science that is results driven, giving instant results and healthier, stronger and radiant younger-looking skin.
- iLA products are totally organic, founded on natural, ethical integrity and hand-blended in the heart of the English countryside. Their treatments are renowned for beautifully bridging the gap between body and soul.
- Nail technicians professionally trained by Margaret Dabbs London offer first class sole therapy with a difference – fusing health and beauty and providing outstanding care that visibly transform the feet and hands.
- Gentlemen’s Tonic men’s traditional barber and grooming treatments cater for well-heeled men who prefer to look smart and well-groomed in a modern but classic style.
- Louise Galvin’s own luxurious and natural-as-possible hair care range has no “Nasties” – no Silicone, SLS or PGl, Parabens and Synthetic polymers. Her tagline is “Healthy Scalp- Healthy Hair – Be kind to your hair – and yourself – today”.